It seems the links don't work so here is my last post on the Yahoo group plus a link to Imgur
Finished the repair. (photos in the photo section). It was not an easy job that is for sure! The new 4mm galvanised steel sections fitted well. I would have been better to have the holes cut at 10mm and drill them out to 12mm in situ. I had already drilled out the holes before I removed the sections and realised that they were too rusty to save. I drilled the the crossmember in situ after drilling the spring hanger with the step drill in my pillar drill. One of the photos shows the new rail bolted temporarily to allow for accurate drilling
As for the price I am not sure yet but will post when I know. I will alter the CAD drawing to 10mm holes, so if anyone wants it message me your email and I will send it (it is too big to pos there it seems). The drawing is of the flat steel (4mm) so the folding has to be allowed for there is a calculation, but any good sheet metal works should be able to sort that. Probably best to take the old ones as a pattern and to check that the holes are in the same place as the drawing. I am not sure if the short wheelbase vehicles have the same length channel.
I could also get them made for anyone but the postage may be expensive as they weigh 16kg. I used 12mm bolts, 40,50,and 60mm and cut off the excess thread, this enabled me to have the plain shank fitting the holes. I used a step drill to drill out the holes this enabled a clean cut. (use cutting fluid).http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Makit ... 2025719145
To move the cross member I had to use a length of wood and a bottle jack to jack the châssis rails apart slightly to allow me to move it forward. Without removing the fuel tanks I could only get it so far forward and had to get one out at a time as I had to slightly angle the crossmember to enable removal of the channel. I hope that makes some sort of sense! There was a lot of rust between the two channels and even with all the rivets removed it was stuck fast with the rust, really stuck. The cuts I have made in the old ones are to cut around the welds the hold it in place. In the factory they drill holes in the inner channel and fill them with weld. I ground the rust off the main châssis and treated it with Fertan http://www.fertan.co.uk/
and painted with Rustoleum https://www.rawlinspaints.com/home/pain ... color.html
. I also treated all the gaps with Dinitrol http://www.frost.co.uk/dinitrol-3125-hs ... litre.html
. I have used this combination of products throughout the running renovation and it has worked very well. Better than any other rust cure,hammerite,waxoil products that I have used in the past.http://imgur.com/a/2uGIr